Minneapolis, MN Well Water Treatment
Erickson Well Water Treatment Inc
Residential & Commercial Sales and Service
Serving Minnesota, Wisconsin, North and South Dakota.
DO YOU HAVE IRON, HARDNESS, OR A BAD SMELL IN YOUR WATER?
ERICKSON WATER TREATMENT CARRIES A WIDE VARIETY OF PRODUCTS FOR ALL WATER PROBLEMS AND NEEDS.
- Iron filters
- Tannin Systems
- Sediment filters
- Potassium Sales
- FREE WATER ANALYSIS
- SERVICE AND REPAIR ON ALL MODELS
IRON EATER - Better than traditional dip tubes - Better than conventional turbulating devices - Saves Salt - Saves KM8O4 - Saves Water - Saves Money - Iron Eater
Why Don't Iron Removers Work?
1. There has been no effective method of removing iron from the bed after it has been removed from the water. Traditional dip tubes and conventional turbulating devices can't do the job. Domestic control valves do not allow enough water through, during backwash, to clean the bed. At 30 to 60 psi the maximum output is between 2 1/2 and 5 U.S. gpm in virtually all valves. Do a flow test at the drain with your valve in backwash - you may be surprised.
2. There is a blatant contradiction between media bed backwash flow requirements and control valve backwash capability. For example, greensand filters, air injection filters, softeners, and other media filters all require higher backwash rates for cleaning than any domestic control valve will supply. Small wonder conditioner companies have problems with iron removal! As the bed continues to load with iron, the service water and the backwash water take the path of least resistance in the tank, leaving much of the bed unused. This is called channeling. In a softener, the water goes hard and salt is wasted: in filters, iron passes through and potassium permanganate (K Mn O4) is wasted.
How Does IRON EATER Work?
1. IRON EATER works like a sand blaster in water. Iron, manganese, sulfur, bacterial slime, calcified hardness, and other stubborn turbidity is scrubbed from the bed preventing channeling.
2. IRON EATER is an ingenious scouring device that replaces the dip tube. It completely circulates filter or softener media from the bottom of the tank to the top, effectively scrubbing the bed clean. Bernoulli's Principle, the fundamental law of hydrodynamics formulated by the Swiss mathematician, Daniel Bernoulli (1700-1782), is alive and well in IRON EATER.
3. Three U.S. gallons per minute is all that is needed to backwash IRON EATER. If you have more than 3 gpm, IRON EATER will only use 3 gpm or less.
4. IRON EATER does not rely on the flow rate of water through the media bed. Iron is scrubbed off in the IRON EATER mechanism itself.
Why is IRON EATER Better?
1. Much less water per minute is needed to back wash IRON EATER. Three gpm, the amount needed for IRON EATER, is a realistic, attainable amount to expect from a domestic control valve in backwash.
2. IRON EATER can be used with granular filter media as well as softener resin. Manganese greensand, Birm, Filter Ag, etc. is handled as easily as spherical resin. Heavy greensand at approximately 90 lb. / cu. ft. is no problem for IRON EATER.
3. IRON EATER'S remarkable design principle separates the iron at the top of the bed in backwash, sending it to the drain, and the media is sent back down to the bed. In conventional dip tube units, iron is usually separated from the bed somewhere in the middle. Before it has been cleared from the bed, the generation cycle is over, and the iron is still trapped in the unit.
4. Iron bacteria is not a problem for IRON EATER. It, along with the particulate or colloidal iron precipitate, is easily scoured from the bed in backwashing.
5. Conventional turbulators clean part of the bed in an unbalanced cone shaped manner. IRON EATER scrubs all bed evenly.
6. IRON EATER handles large, heavy 2 and 3 cu. ft. greensand filters, using only 3 U.S. gallons per minute for backwashing.
7. Resin Cleaner will now work far more effectively. IRON EATER facilitates free, even movement of resin cleaner throughout the bed.
8. Because IRON EATER will keep a bed clean, it is unnecessary to risk exposing the drinking water supply to airborne bacteria and virus contamination with air injection iron filters.
9. Large commercial IRON EATERS can be special ordered up to 2" and larger in size.
A Service Man's Dream Come True!
- Millions of water softeners and iron removers are in service all across North America that need IRON EATER.
- There are many thousands of iron removers sitting in people's homes across the continent not working properly. Install an IRON EATER.
NECESSITY - THE MOTHER OF INVENTION
Everything, until IRON EATER, sidestepped the main problem - bed fouling.
Contact Erickson Well Water Treatment Inc today at 866-818-0606 for all of your well water treatment needs.